Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Young's: "Who Will Pay For Bush's Mistakes?"

In the Austin American Statesman, on October 16th, 2007, there was an opinion column written by Mr. John Young of the Waco Tribune-Herald. In this article Mr. Young is pointing again to the CHIP program. I found it only appropriate to use this article to follow my last one due to the fact that they are on the same topic.
Within the article John Young clearly states his opinion on Bush's veto of the bill and almost even on Bush's character as a whole. I found this opinion article to be very interesting even if for only Young's strong opinion. Young goes as far to say that Bush was "acting" during his term as governor in Texas, is a a liar and even almost implies that Bush is a man who never truly thinks ahead to solutions problems that are out there. The only thing that I did notice in this article was Young's refusal to argue with Bush on his declaration that the "tobacco tax is oppressive for working individuals" Young states that he will not argue with bush on this one because, "we should all pay for what our government does, not just smokers". Personally this stood out to me I agree with everything else he is saying but I truly feel that why should all Americans pay for other's habits? I would not ask everyone to help pitch in for my dog food when not everyone even likes dogs. I am not really sure this could all be my personal opinion but I did notice how Young does not agree with Bush on a lot of things however at the end there is a slight bit of relief for our President and then Young finishes it with another attack. The best part of the whole article is the way that Young ends it with his final point that Bush doesn't plan to solve any of our financial problems, he doesn't even have a solution to the problem in Iraq! Although Young obviously has a problem with Bush's veto on expanding CHIP he also brings to light problems with Bush in other areas, and even brings to light the point that the problems we are having with Bush did not just start they were there before just a little hidden. Bush is aparently good at two things acting and messing things up.

http://www.statesman.com/opinion/content/editorial/stories/10/17/1018young_edit.html

No comments: